24.5.10

Pino + Kiss the Cook

This month was a bit lazy and slow for me so, I ate. I really want a proper desk job, this freelancing work is too erratic for me, I want a proper schedule.

Pino Resto Bar
, one of my favorites mainly for their flavored beer (it's just San Mig light with strawberry/passion fruit/watermelon syrup), the food is modern Filipino but I like the vegetarian dishes best.

Tofu stack with mushroom rice. What can I say, I love the rice, the tofu is just, you know, tofu. If I go up a flight of stairs, I'm sure I'll get hungry again after eating this.

Jobi got the Fried Tofu and Eggplant in coconut milk rice topping, it's really yummy.

Shrimp and Pork Kebabs with chili sauce. The chili sauce is quite mild, but I love the charred flavor to this.

Another favorite of mine, you know, when you want something pseudo fancy for brunch or early dinner before you go drinking, Kiss the Cook also has a mix of modern Filipino dishes with Asian and Italian fare.

Mini spanakopitas with spinach and feta in roasted garlic aioli - it's okay I guess, too much spinach, I wanted it to have more cheese.

Jobi got this blue marlin deli sandwich with plantain chips, I got a Spanish panini with Salchichon and hot mustard (not shown), quite good but the bread was burnt and some of my panini got scraped off, and the filling was showing. It looked pretty dismal. But nonetheless, quite good.

The Trufette - Dark chocolate gelato nugget topped with cherries and Bailey’s cream, nice texture, really yummy, but the liquor got to me so I let Jobi finish it, :)

No comments:

Post a Comment